Sightrunning the World
What is Sightrunning?
Running sightseeing, sightrunning, sightjogging, running tours… there are many names for one of the newest sightseeing trends in the world’s metropolises. But what is this new trend? Sightrunning is exactly what it says on the tin – it is a combination of running and sightseeing.
A local runner, guides guests through their home city while sharing facts, history and anecdotes with the participants. During the tour, the runners stop by the many sights to receive information and take photos. However, that is not all, as it is a local person showing runners around the city, the tours also include hidden and unknown pearls that only locals are aware of.
“It is like running with an old friend”
These are the words we hear very frequent from our running guests after a tour. As the tours are usually private tours or small group tours, then there is always plenty of opportunity to chat with the guide and talk about many other topics than just the sights. For travelers that are only in town for a short time, this is the ideal opportunity to get close to a local and also get beneath the surface of a city.
Sightrunning Summed Up
- Authentic: A unique chance to run with a local and let them show you their city.
- Fun: Just trust us – it is really fun.
- Healthy: No matter if, you join a 5 k tour or a 25 k tour, this activity is a healthy and active way of experiencing a city (and are for some of our guests the ticket for eating that extra ice cream with good conscience).
- Social: All the tours are informal and feel free to chat with the guide and the other runners.
- Unique: Do not be surprised if your guide shows you their favorite spot in the city or if they make a detour to show you, an exhibition because you mentioned liked Modern Art.
Find your Sightrunning tour destinationAre you convinced that sightrunning is for you? If yes, then now is the time to check out all the tours that our providers around the world are offering. See them all here:
Find your travel destination
You like to know more about Sightrunning? Please don't hesitate to contact us by using our contact form. Happy Running!
What is a Sightrunning tour not?
- It is not a tour where you are in a large group and follow a guide with a flag on a long stick
- It is not a tour where the guide performs a monologue. We prefer interactions, opinions and questions.
- It is not a training session. No need to look at that GPS watch constantly because we can with 100% guarantee you that the day you do a running tour is not the day you set a new Personal Record. So, lean back and just enjoy the ride.
- It is not a tour where you get the same information as in the guidebook. Your guide will give you “their” city so expect a personal and unique run through the city.